The primary objective of the Vocational Training Department is to support businesses in developing their HR skills. It provides training tailored solutions to suit the circumstances of the individual business. The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ponta Delgada is accredited by the Regional Directorate for Youth, Employment and Vocational Training, which is the Azorean entity equivalent to the Portuguese Institute for Quality in Training. Among the services rendered by this Department, we highlight the following:
- Identification of companies’ training needs;
- Design, implementation and follow-up of the training plan;
- Organisation of specific inter- and intracompany training courses for each activity sector;
- Organisation of information and awareness raising activities/seminars;
- Provision of technical assistance to companies regarding training projects.